1171 Monticello Road, Lafayette
4 Bedroom + Bonus | 4 Bathroom | 3576± Sq. Ft. | .94± Acre Lot | $3,695,000
Click below to view:
Treasured Happy Valley Glen Retreat
Tucked away in the loved Happy Valley Glen neighborhood, this expanded single-story traditional is filled with natural light and high-end finishes. Situated on nearly an acre of land, that extends up the hillside, the parcel affords a large level area, rare depth and a tremendous amount of privacy!
In 1996 and 1997 the home underwent a major renovation (down the studs) which included the addition of a bonus room (potential 5th Bedroom) and full bath. In 2018, the home had a full kitchen and bath remodel as well. The result is a stunning home that checks all of the boxes for today’s live, work and retreat lifestyle.
The resort-like backyard features a pool, putting green, sport court, fire table, multiple patios, outdoor kitchen, vegetable garden, and with views of the Briones hills for tranquil indoor/outdoor living and entertaining.
This home is perfectly positioned minutes from Hwy. 24, BART, Oakwood Athletic Club, Lafayette Reservoir, Briones Regional Park, downtown Lafayette, and top-rated Lafayette and Acalanes Unified School District schools.
- Spacious living room with cathedral ceiling, exposed beams, custom plaster hearth with gas fireplace and Pella French doors to backyard
- Formal dining room with bay window, tray ceiling with skylight and grass-cloth wallpaper
- Fully remodeled in 2018, the stunning entertainer’s kitchen features a central island with sink and Calcutta marble counter, walk-in pantry with pocket door, skylights, and high-end fixtures (Thermador ovens, Sub Zero paneled fridge/freezer, separate Sub-Zero mini-fridge, Bosch dishwasher, Wolf gas range and hood, Franke stainless steel sink, and quartzite counters)
- Light-filled family room with built-in media center, gas fireplace, coffered ceiling and French doors to back patio
- Primary suite features a coffered ceiling and French doors to backyard, en suite bathroom with marble floors, radiant heating, dual sink vanity, soaking tub, stall shower, and walk-in closet with built-in shelving
- Secondary bedroom with two closets adjacent to full hallway bath with marble tile floor and glass shower stall
- Two more bedrooms share additional full bath with stone tile floors and subway tile shower
- A bonus room and full bath (potential 5th bedroom) was added off the family room with office nook and separate entrance
- Laundry room with sink, folding area and built-in cabinets
- Two-car garage with newer epoxy floor and built-in cabinets
- Backyard designed for entertaining, relaxing and play features a pool, putting green, sport court, enclosed garden, gas fire table, multiple patio areas, views of Briones hills, seasonal creek and undeveloped hillside offering privacy and distance from neighbors
- Front yard with level lawn, cottage gardens and flagstone path
- Additional Highlights & Updates Include: Newer Pella windows and doors, hardwood floors, recently installed dual zone HVAC system, recessed lighting, crown molding, built-in speakers, skylights, and coffered ceilings
- Additional Exterior Highlights Include: Solar panels on southern exposure for pool heating, Connecticut blue stone patio, planting troughs, gazebo, built-in barbecue, beautiful gardens and mature lemon trees
No Open Houses and No Broker Tours. According to CCAR guidelines, residential viewings may only occur virtually, or, if virtual viewing is not feasible and the residence is unoccupied, by appointment only with no more than two visitors from the same household and one person showing the unit. All parties to sign Coronavirus Property Entry Advisory and Declaration prior to any showing and all parties to follow suggested sanitation guidelines. Please contact Listings@DanaGreenTeam.com for additional virtual marketing and any other questions.
Compass is a real estate broker licensed by the State of California and abides by Equal Housing Opportunity laws. License Number 01991628. All material presented herein is intended for informational purposes only and is compiled from sources deemed reliable but has not been verified. Changes in price, condition, sale or withdrawal may be made without notice. No statement is made as to accuracy of any description. All measurements and square footage are approximate.